Beginning Tuesday, July 23 Executive Chef Mario Cassineri of BiCE San Diego will introduce an interactive, relaxed and fun-filled cooking class, revealing all of the delicious details behind San Diego’s most authentic Italian cuisine. A progressive culinary course, the two-part class will be held from 1pm to 5pm on Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday and Sunday, allowing Chef Mario’s star pupils to first learn basic techniques like pasta and saucemaking before mastering BiCE’s expert recipes on day two. Each session will feature four-courses, including an appetizer, pasta, entrée and dessert, as well as a cheese and wine pairing demonstration by Chef de Cuisine Francesca Penoncelli.
Academia Barilla will sponsored the Italian ingredients.
Tuesday & Saturday classes will include hands-on demonstrations of the following staple Italian items:
- Fresh pasta fettuccine.
- Bolognese sauce.
- Marinara sauce.
- Pesto sauce.
- Homemade ravioli stuffed with braised beef, veal and spinach in a mushroom and marsala wine sauce.
- Panna Cotta with strawberry balsamic sauce.
Thursday & Sunday classes will include hands-on demonstrations of the following dishes from the BiCE San Diego menu:
- Eggplant Parmigiana.
- Squid Ink Potato Gnocchi with wild salmon, asparagus and delicate Meyer lemon sauce.
- Pan Seared “Mano De Leon” Sea Scallops with crispy vegetable strings, saffron sauce and squid ink dressing.
- Classic Italian Tiramisu with mascarpone cheese and espresso soaked lady finger biscuits.